12 month contract position: August 1, 2013 – July 31, 2014
Dungxin Elementary School, Keelung, seeks one experienced teacher who loves working with children.
ABOUT Dungxin Elementary School
Dungxin Elementary school is a public school with 33 classes, 1000 students and 80 staffs. We provide English language teaching for elementary school children from Grade 3-6.
Dungxin Elementary School is located in the school district of Keelung, adjacent to the largest recreation park in the city. Keelung is home to Taiwan’s oceanic research university and several tertiary institutions and colleges. Our school is within walking distance of the downtown core, movie theatres and the train and inter-city bus stations. Keelung is known locally as one of the rainiest cities in Taiwan. The climate in Keelung is relatively wet and damp in winter. Summers are hot and humid.
ABOUT OUR TEACHERS
Our teachers work independently and collaboratively to meet the needs of their students. Our teachers have fun, too, especially when special activities, events and holidays are celebrated. Our teachers enjoy travelling, exploring new cultures and learning from their students.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
1. NT $60,890 per month (Based on academic background and teaching experience in Taiwan). 10 days paid vacation (coinciding with the school summer or winter vacation); eligible days for personal leave or sick leave in one school year is 14 days, the incurred substitute teacher’s pay should be borne by applicant.
2. Shared coverage under the Taiwan Health insurance and labor insurance plans.
3. Two-ways economy airfare reimbursement to a maximum of NT $80,000 (One-way maximum for NT$40,000, pay as you spend) from the international airport nearest your point of origin upon completion of a 12-month contract.
4. Raise in accordance with an established pay grid based on years of teaching experience in Taiwan.
5. All the benefits are upon the Ministry of Education English Teacher Recruitment Project and Contract in 2011.
6. Supportive administration and a friendly, professional work environment.
1. Native English-speaker with citizenship of one of the following countries: United States, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, the United Kingdom, South Africa, or Singapore.
2. Two years of teaching or teaching-related experience with young learners.
3. An undergraduate degree from a recognized university.
4. Valid teaching qualification or licensure from state or provincial educational authority.
5. A professional disposition and a sincere desire to teach children.
6. A team player who enjoys sharing and collaborating with colleagues.
Please send by regular post, facsimile or e-mail, your complete application, including:
1. Curriculum Vitae (Resume)
2. Recent photo
3. Copy of the photo page of your passport
4. Copy of the certified teacher diploma
5. Cover letter that details how you will meet the challenges of teaching children in a non-English speaking environment
Interested applicants can learn more about Dungxin Elementary School by visiting the school’s web site at www.dsps.kl.edu.tw or English Teaching Blog www.dungxin.blogspot.com .We thank all who apply and will contact qualified candidates who provide complete applications.
Valid Date of Application: May 20, 2011.
Please address inquiries and applications to:
Director of Academic Affairs
Dungxin Elementary School
No.26 Zhengxin Rd., Keelung, 204, TAIWAN, R.O.C.