Teacher Newsletter - Summer 2006
Howdy teachers! It's summer again! It's also been a long time since we've sent out a newsletter, and we've made several improvements to our feedback system to tell you about.
Are you making the most out of your MYU teacher profile?
There is a secret method. Some teachers have figured this out already - just take a look at the Recommended Teachers page to see who! But for those of you who want some tips, here's how to use our Web site to find as many great students as you can handle:
- Build your initial profile to be generally attractive to all students in your location (e.g., competitive price range and a smart comment - watch out for typos).
- Update or refresh your profile frequently (minimum once per week) so students will know you are still in Taiwan and still accepting new students.
- Be very responsive to all inquiries and close the deal as soon as possible with a prospective student (or students) to start teaching. For example, consider sending a standard first e-mail to all prospective students further introducing yourself (include your resume if you like) and offering to arrange a meeting or a telephone interview. The alerts we send you when your profile is viewed often include the contact information of students - use this information to your advantage!
- Work hard at making your first student(s) happy so they will leave positive feedback on your profile. Encourage them to return to MYU to leave feedback for you.
- After you have some feedback showing, edit your profile to more closely target your ideal students. Remember to keep refreshing your profile date so it stays nears the top of the list. Continue to accept classes with as many students as you can to build positive feedback, all the while tailoring your profile to target your ideal students and price range.
Simply put, the more positive feedback you have, the more in demand you will be. You may even find your schedule becomes too full using this method. If your phone keeps ringing with new students and you're overloaded, that's no problem because you can simply uncheck the "I am currently seeking students" box on your profile and the phone will stop ringing until you check that box again. This also applies if you want to take a vacation or go offline for whatever reason - you can turn your profile on and off freely - you won't lose your feedback and all your details will be remembered for when your ready again. Another strategy is to raise your price when your schedule is getting full. That way, if you have to squeeze someone in, at least you'll be making good money doing it.
We have many teachers that have built up significant positive feedback over the past few months and are now getting new students almost daily. You can too!
TELL YOUR FRIENDS
Tell all your friends about us! We still have many students who leave the site without meeting a teacher. Many times they leave because there are no teachers registered in their neighbourhood. So, if you have some friends who are looking for teaching work, tell them about us!
Till next time!